Protocols Webinar Series (2): Striving for Balance in Content and Perspectives
Protocol:SAA Native American Archives Section (NAAS) Public Access
Summary:This webinar is the second in a five-part series covering various themes of the Protocols of Native Archives Archival Materials.
This is the second in a five-part webinar series covering various themes of the Protocols of Native Archives Archival Materials. This second session of the Protocols Webinar Series highlights the theme of striving for balance in content and perspective. This is explored through a conversation with host Jennifer R. O'Neal (University of Oregon) and Brian Carpenter (American Philosophical Society). Carpenter expands upon his recently submitted PNAAM case study highlighting the work of the American Philosophical Society to develop protocols for their Indigenous collections. The webinars will also produce a usable toolkit to for use in implementing the Protocols in non-tribal repositories.
Links from the webinar:
- Protocols for Native American Archival Materials
- SAA Native American Archives Section Information and Resources Page
- Case Study -- Archival Initiatives for the Indigenous Collections at the American Philosophical Society
- Native American Archives Section Facebook
- Native American Archives Section Twitter
People:Jennifer R. O'Neal, Brian Carpenter